Today we will talk about the protein powder benefits. As we all know protein is a micro-nutrient essential for body building. Protein consists of amino acids. Amino acids are organic compounds made up of oxygen, hydrogen sulphur and nitrogen. Nitrogen in protein makes it different from other micro-nutrients. Protein is a macronutrient that builds and maintains body tissue. Protein makes up 15-20% of one’s bodyweight and is thus, next to water, the body’s second most abundant substance.
Protein is found in various food products such as egg, meat, milk, lentils, grams, nuts, etc. But these food products also other than protein contain carbs and fats which is not required. To overcome this, we have protein powder supplements. Protein powder mostly or only contains protein content. Athletes, bodybuilders, sportsperson, etc choose to intake protein powder when they specifically want protein in their diet.
Before going to the protein powder benefits let us see in how many forms this protein powders comes in. The three common ones are whey, soy, and casein protein. Today we will discuss benefits of having each of them.
- Reduce fat: Whey protein helps in reducing excess fat from the body
- Strengthen muscles: Whey protein contains the best quality amino acids hence helps muscle tissue to stay strong.
- Grows size faster: Research has shown whey protein helps in growing body muscles fast more muscles means more size.
- Promotes bone growth: It helps not only muscle growth but also bone to grow and strengthen it.
- Other benefits: controls hunger, gives better immune system, anti-cancer, anti-inframammary, wound healing, etc.
- Lactose free: People those are lactose intolerant can consume Soy protein, as it has no lactose content in it. Soy milk is a best alternative to dairy milk.
- It is a plant protein: Best for a vegetarian. Not only non-veg products contain protein. Vegetarian products such as soya also contain it.
- Cheaper: Soy protein supplements are cheaper as compared to other supplement available in market.
- Other benefits: prevents heart disease, benefits renal health, controls diabetes, improves lipid profile, helps fat loss, aids weight-loss, prevents cancer, regulates blood pressure, etc.
- It lasts longer: Muscles may not be built overnight, but drinking a glass of casein-rich milk is the ideal protein to consume right before bed, as it’ll be more helpful throughout the night than any other protein option. Casein has the ability to provide your bloodstream with a slow and steady flow of amino acids that could last for hours.
- Helps fat-loss: Multiplying casein intake by two and a half times, you will be able to have a higher metabolic rate while sleeping and a better overall fat balance.
- Increase satiety levels: Taking casein increases satiety levels up to 33% higher. In other words, by taking casein you’ll not only be increasing your odds of losing fat, but you’ll do so on a fuller stomach.
- Helps in gain size: It helps in gain size. But when combined with whey protein it shows the best results. As casein last longer and whey works quickly combination of them gives wonderful results.
- Other benefits: dental protection, greater strength, looks better, boosts recovery, and boosts immunity and energy.
Combination of these can also help more than separately. Amongst these three whey protein is given more weightage than other two. But actually using the right protein at the right time and specific period of time is the best way to take advantage of these supplements.
These were the types of protein powders and there benefits. Choose your type of protein and their combination. Stay tuned.